Wow, well what can I say?!?
Thanks to you all, the speakers, panel experts, workshop facilitators and my awesome team, our 3rd annual Teaching Our Own The Black Homeschooling Fair was a HUGE success.
On the day, Sunday 19th Nov 2017 between 12-6pm, we were blessed with:
- 20 Black owned businesses selling their educational products and services
- 6 workshops for young people from Chief Kolade Kola (Origami & Oware), Destination Africa (African cultural empowerment) and Manhood Academy & Womanhood Academy (The Power In You especially for 12-16yr olds).
- 4 home educating families delivering informative & motivating talks on finance, homeschooling alone, the laws, curriculums, lesson planning and a lot os personal experience
- 4 experts on the panel discussion (Twilight Bey, Cheryl Phoenix Henry, Neil Mayers & Bro Leader Mbandaka), who all eloquently answered the question “What is your opinion of the UK education system for black children and what advice would you give parents who’s children are still in the school?”
- & Most importantly, we had over 350 adults and children of all ages, some of who don’t even have school aged children, who came through the doors to learn, network, connect and bond.
The only BAD thing that happened on the day was that I didn’t get to take many pictures or organise a photographer so we have very few pictures of the day, but we did get some footage from earlier in the day and of some of the talks that you can find below.
Were you there with us?
If you were there with us on the day, please take a moment to complete this quick survey to give us feedback to make future events even better for you – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Z8N6JY7 – Many thanks
Now site back and enjoy some footage from the day!!!
Check out our next post, which includes interviews conducted by Talk Black radio who were broadcasting LIVE from the event, including an interview with my brother Julian Hall who was the host on the day and myself.
See you soon family, take care and all the bes